Precise Biometrics AB, Corporate Identity- Interrim Report
* The group's net sales for the first quarter amounted to SEK 9.0
* Losses for the first quarter were SEK -10.7 million (-9.3).
* Losses per share for the first quarter amounted to SEK -0.11
* Liquid assets at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 25.5
* During the quarter Precise Biometrics received an order for
50,000 licenses for Precise Match-on-Card(TM) for an employee ID
card program in one of the largest police departments in the US.
The total value of the project for Precise Biometrics is expected
to amount to SEK 2-5 million.
* Precise Biometrics has also been asked to participate in the
TURBINE project (TrUsted Revocable Biometric IdeNtitiEs) financed
by the EU. Precise Biometrics' contribution will be financed with
SEK 5.7 million during a two-year period.
* Precise Biometrics won the second prize in SIMagine, a global
competition aimed at allowing small companies and universities to
develop and present future applications for SIM cards and NFC
(near field communication). The finalists were presented at the
GSMA World Mobile Congress in Barcelona.
* Precise Biometrics has released a new Precise Match-on-Card(TM)
tool, Precise BioMatch(TM) Flex Toolkit, for simple and smooth
integration of fingerprint technology. The target groups for the
product are solution partners, systems integrators, and to some
extent smart card companies. The product will be sold as part of
a new partner program offered to existing and new partners.
Significant events after the quarter
* Precise Biometrics has hired Patrik Norberg as new CFO, who will
start in this position in July.
For further information
Thomas Marschall, President and CEO, Precise Biometrics
Tel. +46 (0)46 31 11 10 or +46 (0)734 35 11 10
Precise Biometrics AB is an innovative company offering solutions for
fingerprint recognition to prove people's identities. With
top-of-the-line expertise in fingerprint verification, Precise
Biometrics offers fast, accurate and secure authentication of a
person. Our core product Precise BioMatch(TM) integrates into ID and
bank card programs and secure chips, as well as systems for access
control to buildings, computers and networks. We act on a global
market and our technology is licensed to more than 78 million users
all over the world. The Precise Biometrics group has subsidiaries in
Sweden (with group headquarters in Lund), Great Britain, Hong Kong
and USA, and a joint venture agreement in China. Precise Biometrics
is listed on the small cap list at the Nordic Exchange in Sweden
(symbol:PREC). For more information, please visit